Thousands Attend 29th Annual Youth Villages Soup Sunday
Then, attendees were off with their soup holders as they dined on a wide assortment of mouthwatering soups, seafood gumbos, unique specialty items, fresh breads and delicious desserts from nearly 50 of the Memphis-area’s best restaurants and caterers including Babalu Tapas and Tacos, Celtic Crossing Irish Pub & Restaurant, Hard Rock Café Memphis, Huey’s Restaurant and Nothing Bundt Cakes.
Families gathered around the Kid Zone for the Magic Mr. Nick show, and children had a blast stacking Oreos and shooting hoops. Hundreds of attendees took their Soup Sunday experience to the next level at the VIP Souper Party, where they enjoyed specialty items and adult beverages from several of the Mid-South’s finest restaurants including Bleu Restaurant & Lounge, Ciao Bella Italian Grill and Bar and Youth Villages’ own Food With Class program, among others.
Be sure to join us for Soup Sunday in 2019. It’s sure to be a party as we celebrate our 30th year of ladling up the Mid-South’s best soups and food items! Attendees had a chance to vote on their favorite food items in various categories throughout the event.
This year’s winners included:
- Best Bread: Vanelli’s Deli
- Best Soup: Hog Wild Catering
- Best Dessert: Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Best Gumbo: Blue’s City Café
- Best Specialty: The Half Shell
- Souper Spirit: The Pink Flamingo
- VIP Specialty: Expodine
- VIP Best Bread: Expodine
- VIP Presentation: Expodine
- VIP Soup: Ciao Bella
- VIP Best Dessert: Nothing Bundt Cakes
- VIP Best Overall: Expodine
- VIP Secret Judges Silver Ladle Award: Expodine