BE A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL
Through the Chris Crye Mentoring Program, you can become a powerful, positive force in the life of a child with emotional and behavioral challenges. When you commit to mentoring a child in Youth Villages’ care in Georgia or Tennessee, you might become the first positive role model that child has ever had.
Studies show that children who have just one consistent, caring adult in their lives:
- Are less likely to drop out of school
- Have fewer run-ins with the law
- Build better relationships with their own families
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support a young person through an ongoing one-on-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Plan and participate in activities together
- Build self-esteem and motivation in a young person
- Set goals with your mentee and work toward accomplishing them
- Spend 4-6 hours per month one-on-one with mentee
As a mentor, you will receive:
- Initial training
- Ongoing support and access to mentor/mentee group activities
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference
- Complimentary tickets to community events when available
- Tax deductions for mileage and mentoring expenses
Do I qualify?
To be a mentor, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a mandatory screening
- Commit to spending 4-to-6 hours per month one-on-one with a mentee
- Attend an initial training session
At this time, Youth Villages is actively in need of more mentors. If you are interested in directly improving a child’s life, please complete our online mentoring application and visit our FAQs page for more details.
The Application Process
To become a mentor or to learn more about our child mentoring program, please complete our online mentoring application and someone from our mentoring staff will contact you.