On this wooded, 82-acre campus just outside of Memphis, boys and girls get the support and treatment they need to overcome serious emotional and behavioral problems.
The Bartlett Campus’ calming setting is home to individual cottages that group youth by gender, age, diagnosis and functioning level. The 10 to 12 members of each group live in the same cottage and spend all day together – attending school, eating meals together and participating in activities as a group.
The Youth Villages Bartlett Campus is designed in a natural, open setting to create a unique balance of structure and freedom. Depending on their needs, youth participate in variety of counseling sessions and programs.
Our services include:
- Group, individual and family therapy
- Trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (TFCBT), when needed
- Accommodation for youth with intellectual disabilities (IQ 50 or above)
- Treatment for problem sexual behaviors
- Treatment for emotional disturbances with co-occurring medical conditions
Our Own School
The Paul J. Barret, Jr. School and Activities Center located on the Bartlett Campus is a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically to meet the challenges of educating youth with mental disturbances. The center’s educational program is approved by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Individualized assessment and instruction
- Small class sizes
- Academic and behavioral instruction
- Speech and language therapy available as needed
- Special education
- Emphasis on reading-level progress
Certified recreational therapists regularly engage the youth in therapeutic activities in order to teach teamwork, encourage sportsmanship, strengthen trust, improve communication and allow children to expend “stored-up” energy.
- Art Center
- Computer lab
- Exercise room
- Swimming pool
- Basketball Court
- Sand volleyball court
- Exercise trail
- Weight loss program
- West African-style therapeutic drumming
7410 Memphis Arlington Road
Memphis, TN 38135 | Phone: 901-252-7880 | Fax: 901-252-79793
To inquire about referring a child to a Youth Villages residential treatment center that meets his or her treatment needs, please complete our referral form.