Located on 41 secluded acres on the outskirts of Memphis, this beautiful campus provides a peaceful atmosphere to help boys and girls with a variety of emotional and behavioral problems.
The Dogwood Campus’ tranquil setting is home to individual cottages that group youth by gender, age, diagnosis and functioning level. The 10-12 members of each group live in the same cottage and spend all day together – attending class, eating meals together and participating in activities as a group. The campus features a specialized treatment program to address problem sexual behaviors but is also equipped to serve boys ages 8 to 17 and girls ages 11 to 17 who have been impacted by trauma.
The Youth Villages Dogwood Campus is designed in a natural, open setting to create a unique balance of structure and freedom. Depending on their needs, youth participate in variety of counseling settings and programs.
Our services include:
- Group, individual and family therapy
- Trauma-informed care when indicated
- Special treatment track for substance abuse
- Accommodations for youth with intellectual disability (IQ of 50 or above)
- Treatment for problem sexual behaviors
- Treatment for emotional disturbance with co-occurring medical conditions
A Dedicated School
The Morris-Wilson Campus School is located right on our campus. Approved by the Tennessee Department of Education, the school is specifically designed to meet the challenges of educating children with emotional and behavioral problems.
- Individualized assessment and instruction
- Small class sizes
- Academic and behavioral instruction
- Speech and language therapy
- Special education
- Emphasis on reading-level progress
- Focus on children’s health, well-being and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity
Trained recreational therapy staff regularly engage the youth in therapeutic activities in order to teach teamwork, encourage sportsmanship, strengthen trust, improve communication, and allow children to expend “stored-up” energy.
- Swimming pool
- Softball field
- Basketball court
- West African-style therapeutic drumming
- Equine therapy
- Computer lab
- Outdoor running track
- Multiple outdoor playground areas
Well-being is a Priority
Well-being and safety are a top priority on our campuses and staff constantly monitor youth for health or behavioral issues.
- On-site nurses 24/7
- Visiting dentist and optometrist
- Nightly room checks
- Staff-secure and camera-monitored facility
Phone: 901-252-7200 | Fax: 901-252-7280
To inquire about referring a child to a Youth Villages residential treatment center that meets his or her treatment needs, please complete our referral form.