Rose Center for Girls
Rose Center for Girls is one of only a few facilities nationwide that specializes in providing therapy and supervision for girls with higher acuity needs who have a history of trauma.
Our facility and child-to-staff ratio of 3:1 allows Youth Villages to provide intensive treatment while maintaining a level of safety that creates an environment of trust. In this environment, girls receive intensive therapy while also readjusting to routine, education and life in a community setting.
“Our staff can give one-on-one support when extra help is needed. The strong bonds the girls develop when they feel that our staff care about them personally can be the key to success for a girl who previously refused to participate in treatment.”
The center provides a closely supervised environment for the treatment of the most serious emotional and behavioral problems, such as suicidal or self-harming conditions, psychotic symptoms, sexual behavior problems and behavioral issues.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive child and family evaluation
- Group, individual and family therapy
- Master-level counselors
- Trauma-informed care
- Crisis Prevention Institute Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
- Think:Kids Collaborative Problem Solving® (CPS)
- 3:1 staff ratio
- Speech, language and recreational therapies
A Focus on Education
While they don’t leave the facility, our girls do experience the routine and discipline of going to school. This ensures they stay on track, earn a degree or can return to a traditional school.
- Special, individualized curriculum
- Traditional classrooms
- Accredited to offer diplomas
- Mobile computing lab
- Emphasis on reading-level progress
- Focus on children’s health, well-being and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity
Certified recreational therapists regularly engage youth in therapeutic activities in order to teach teamwork, encourage sportsmanship, strengthen trust, improve communication and allow children to expend “stored-up” energy.
- Computer lab
- Swimming pool
- Outside playground
- West African-style therapeutic drumming
- Sand volleyball court
- Exercise trail
- Weight loss program
Safe And Secure
While the center is a fully monitored, hardware-secured residential environment where safety is a top priority, large and open spaces filled with natural light help alleviate the institutional quality often associated with programs featuring this level of intensity and security.
Our facility includes:
- Supervision by a child-and-adolescent psychiatrist
- 24-hour nursing care
- Visiting dentist and optometrist
Phone: 901-252-2900 | Fax: 901-252-2901
To inquire about referring a child to a Youth Villages residential treatment center that meets his or her treatment needs, please complete our referral form.